President and Chief Executive Officer
Awards for Dan Caruso:
• Bob Newman Lifetime Achievement award from the Colorado Technology Association.
• Ernst & Young named Dan one of the three national finalists for the Entrepreneur Of The Year 2011 Media, Entertainment and Communications Award
• In 2009, Dan was named Communications Executive of the Year in Colorado.
• The Denver Post named him one of Eleven Colorado Business People to Watch in 2011. The Boulder Chamber of Commerce honored him with the 2010 Esprit Award.
• In 2009, Ernst & Young honored him as the Entrepreneur of the Year in Rocky Mountain Region Emerging Company category.
• Zayo was names 3rd fastest growing company in Colorado
Zayo Group was formed in 2006 to exploit the rapidly increasing demand for bandwidth. Zayo’s strategy was to acquire telecom companies that were formed during the late 1990s telecom boom and survived the telecom meltdown of the early 2000s. Twenty fiber orphans were acquired, enabling Zayo to provide bandwidth to wireless carriers, Internet companies, and other big consumers of bandwidth over a 75,000 route mile network in the U.S. and Europe. Zayo generates about $1B in revenue, $600M in EBITDA, and has an enterprise value of approximately $6B. Zayo has sixteen private equity sponsors and has raised over $700M of equity and $3B in public debt.
Dan Caruso is President and CEO of Zayo Group, where he oversees Onvoy Voice Services, Zayo Enterprise Networks, and Zayo Professional Services. Dan, as an angel investor, helped found Envysion, where he served as Chairman from 2006 to 2013. Dan has an MBA from the University of Chicago and a BS in Mechanical Engineering from University of Illinois.
For full bio click here
The Voices of Experience speaker series is a free event and open to the public.
We offer CLE/CPE/CEU and NACD credits for attending.
For more information or if you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.